Rent Baby Hiking Carriers
If you are a visitor to Cape Town and surrounding areas, keep in mind that you can rent baby backpacks from us.
They are luxury items with padded straps, lots of support, and adjustability.
Some of them also come with sunshades…..a must with the South African sun.
Interested in renting some of our other luxury items?
Parents will know all too well how lugging little ones around can become a bicep-burning slog, but if you want to make it a lot easier on your body pop them in a backpack carrier.
These over-the-shoulder holders are intended for toddlers and best for where the terrain is too tricky for buggies or for saving your spine on long-haul hikes.
They’re built to bear heavier loads, will free-up your arms and are a worthwhile investment when kids get too big for front carriers and swinging legs land in unwelcome places.
Backpack carriers fall into two categories:
- Framed carriers are bulky, more expensive and make you feel like the Buckaroo mule but they do a better job at distributing weight and are sturdier with a comfortable, elevated position for tots.
- Non-framed carriers are just fabric so much cheaper and much lighter, but without frame support, the child sits lower and weight can pull on you more.
You also don’t get all the fancy features like storage and covers but it’s a trade-off for being far more space-efficient.
With a one-year-old in tow, we took to the hiking haven of Surrey Hills to give our selection of the best backpack carriers thorough testing.
We looked at how each spreads the weight, how comfortable they are for both parent and child, and how handy their additional features really are.
(Courtesy of: Best Backpacks at http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/outdoor-activity/best-baby-carrier-backpacks-10358887.html)
Rent baby backpacks for your next holiday in Cape Town.
Tips for Backpacking with a Baby:
1) Invest in a good quality baby backpack such as K-Way or Deuter
2) Bring a partner and a few vital baby supplies
3) Choose easy hiking trails for your first time with baby
4) Dress baby appropriately with sunscreen if it’s a hot day or a warm jacket and beanie on a cold winters day
5) Make sure you are able to nurse on the hiking trail or feed the baby when necessary
Deuter Hiking Carrier:
comfortable TÜV-certified baby carriers that are long-lasting with sophisticated technology.
Features of the Deuter hiking carrier:
- Aircomfort back system
- Energy-efficient carrying with flexible, moveable VariFlex ECL hip fins
- VariSlide back length with wide-ranging adjustment so both parents can comfortably carry the child
- The hip belt is easy to adjust even with heavy loads via the Pull-Forward system construction
- Height-adjustable child's seat with varying cushion width for a healthy seating position
- The sturdy aluminum frame with a broad kickstand is tip-resistant – very helpful when loading the child
K-Way Hiking Carrier:
Shoulder Carrier for freeing your hand's whiles walking with your Toddler
Features of the K-Way hiking carrier:
- 7-point baby safety harness.
- Removable sunshade.
- The carrier weighs 2.4kg.
- Weight capacity is 22kg.