Rent Joie Bold Isofix Car Seat
Rent Joie Bold Isofix Car Seat if you are visiting Cape Town and surrounds. This luxurious Isofix car seat is quite superior in safety and comfort.
We supply upmarket rental baby car seats that are in immaculate condition.
Each seat is washed, cleaned, bagged and security checked after every rental period.
Rent Joie Bold Isofix Car Seat : Features
The 5-point safety harness accommodates children from 9kg all the way up to an extended 25kg in this toddler car seat.
The quick one-pull adjust helps you find the perfect fit.
The safety harness stores neatly away for a belted booster suitable from 15-36kg.
Side Impact Protection
Full side impact protection shields little ones from head to hips in this ISOFix car seat.
Guard Surround Safety panels provide extra side impact protection and fold into the Joie car seat when not in use.
The Grow-Together 11-position headrest and harness adjust simultaneously, so there’s no need to re-thread the harness.
This ISOFix car seat has a removable body support, providing a custom fit for younger children.
ISOFix and Belt-Fitted
The Joie Bold ISOFix Car Seat can be fitted by ISOFix points and your car’s seat belts, with 9-position ISOSAFE connectors and a top tether connection for a safer and stronger installation.
Age suitability: 9 to 36 kg
- Extended 5-point harness usage all the way up to 25kg
- 3 cosy recline positions
- Side impact protection provides added security for the head, body, and hips
- Guard Surround Safety™ panels provide extra side impact protection and fold into seat when not in use
- One-hand, 11 position height adjustable headrest
- Grow Together™ headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no re-threading of harness
- One-pull motion easily tightens the 5-point harness
- Removable body support for younger children
- 5-point harness stores within the seat when using as a group 2/3 booster
- Ventilation on sides of shell
- Model: C1504
- Product Weight: 12.9kg
- Product Dimensions: l 47cm x w 46.2-46.9cm x h 66-85.5cm
- Product Usage: Group 1/2/3, 9-36kg; approx. 9 months-12 years old
- Testing certification: ECE R44/04
ISOFIX versus car seat belts
What’s the best car seat fitting?
Child car seats can be installed using ISOFIX fittings or car seat belts.
But how do you decide on the best car seat installation for your car?
We’ve set out the pros and cons to help you make up your mind.
Whichever method you choose, it’s crucial to install your car seat correctly.
Always follow the user manual or ask an expert retailer to show you what to do.
Advantages of ISOFIX
- provides a solid, permanent connection between the car seat and the car body.
- is proven to be outstandingly safe in tests.
- minimizes the risk of incorrect installation.
- Child car seats fitted using seat belts are often installed and used incorrectly.
Knowing this, let’s go through the pros and cons of both types of installation:
1) Seat belt method
Choose a car seat that clearly shows how the seat belt must be positioned. This will reduce the risk of using it incorrectly.
With Maxi-Cosi seats, you’ll find a belt routing. If in doubt, check the manual.
Belted car seats are:
- safe if installed properly.
- flexible – it’s easy to switch your car seat between cars. But ISOFIX is even easier.
Up to 8 out of 10 inexperienced parents install their car seats incorrectly when using a seat belt.
This dramatically reduces the protection offered to your child in a crash.
Car seats that use seat belts take more time to install than those installed with ISOFIX.
2) ISOFIX method
Safety tests show that ISOFIX is extremely safe. The risk of incorrect installation is low – 94% of parents use ISOFIX correctly.
For extra peace of mind, most of our ISOFIX base units have indicators to show they’re fitted correctly.
- ISOFIX is fast and easy. Just one click attaches the car seat solidly to the car.
- An extra support leg or top tether strap increases stability, keeping your child securely in place.
- Booster seats can be permanently secured using ISOFIX.
- Not all cars have ISOFIX car seat fittings.
- Some ISOFIX seats can’t be installed using a seat belt, reducing flexibility.
- ISOFIX seats are often more expensive than belt-based seats.
- ISOFIX seats generally weigh more than belt-based seats.
What is ISOFIX?
ISOFIX is an international standardized fitting system, which provides the safest, easiest and quickest way to install a child car seat correctly, without the need of car seat belts.
From 2006, all new cars are equipped with Isofix and a top tether anchorage point. Isofix is also fitted in a large number of car brands built prior to 2006.
IsoFix is standardized worldwide and was developed in partnership with the automotive industry. Almost all new cars are fitted with the IsoFix system.
The name IsoFix stands for ISO (International Standardisation Organisation) plus ‘Fix’
Its outstanding safety benefits and features include:
- Fast and easy installation and removal – no need for seat belts
- A solid and permanent connection between the car seat and the car body
- Instant visual and/or sound warning if the car seat is not installed correctly
- Proven to be outstandingly safe in tests
- Superior head and neck protection
- Will not work loose (as can be the case with seat belt attachment)
- Much more difficult to fit incorrectly (unlike seat belt attachment)
(This information is courtesy of www.maxi.com)