It's Easy If You Do It Smart
These items are the best Baby Must Have Essential List 2021 or the best Baby Checklist. They have been rated as “deal breakers” or even “life-saving”.
1) Plonkey Donkey: Not only will you have your hands free to use your phone or have a cup of tea, but your Newborn will be able to sit upright, fully supported! This was my lifesaver. Price R599
plonky Donkey is made to strict international Safety Standards. It has been tested by the British Standards Institute-BS 5665 Parts 1,2 and 3 and BS 5852 for the Flame Retardant Fibre
It is easy to wash with a removable Cover.
2) Co-sleeper: The one product I just dreamt of having and still to this day I tell my clients if I had a co-sleeper, I would have had more babies. ? p.s. to feed every 3 hours right through the night, was excruciating.
We all know how difficult and exhausting the night feeds can be and a co-sleeper is definitely the answer.
An extract from my blog on the homepage of this website:
“Cots are so open, huge, drafty, and most importantly, not next to your bed!!!!
I tried putting my firstborn first into a carrycot and then into his cot…..Now I know better.
A crib or cradle is a very good choice, but a co-sleeper is still the best decision you can make.
A co-sleeper is an extension of the mom’s bed and stands next to the bed or hooks onto the mattress.
Mom will be able to keep the baby during the night feeds, in her bed.
There will be no fear of rolling on top of your baby and baby will not need to sleep in your arms.”
- Height adjustable
- Side panel to fold down or that can be locked into position
- Space saving
- Encourages emotional bonding with baby
- On wheels with brakes, thus it can be moved easily
- Well ventilated
The swing gave me 45 minutes minimum, therefore this was a deal breaker.
Take note, this is a short-term product and should be rented. We rent swings out for R599 for a full 3 months.
4) Front carriers: Although very short term, buy them dirt cheap second-hand and enjoy.
This is the only way I could get any cooking done, etc.
Our prices are on average R250+ depending on preloved or brand new.
Adjustable as your baby grows from Newborn to Toddler (3.6 kgs - 20 kgs) and super lightweight (390g) you can take it everywhere. Perfect for when you need to feed on the go too.
EASY AS 1,2,3
Very easy to use and versatile, the Hipporoo® 5-in-1 has a large right-hand side pocket that can fit your phone and is perfect for your car keys, wallet, and other daily essentials too.
DESIGNED TO RELIEVE BACK, NECK, AND SHOULDER STRAIN
The waistline belt evenly distributes your baby's weight and prevents back strain. Reinforced with a soft sponge, it fastens snugly with thick anti-scratch velcro. For added security and comfort, it buckles easily to your waist. Fits waistlines from 70 cm to 130 cm.
BREATHABLE AND COMFORTABLE
The inner mesh padding has breathable vacuum holes that facilitate air circulation and the padded waistline belt is especially gentle on moms with c-section scars.
In an effort to reduce waste in line with our eco-sustainability goals, we do not provide a paper manual with our products. Rather, we offer step-by-step instructional videos as well as free consultations and ongoing support via Whatsapp: +27 (0) 79 160 4895.
How to Hipporoo®
1. Hip Seat as Feeding Support (Cradle or Rugby Hold from Newborn to 6 months)
This instructional video demonstrates how to use the hip seat as a feeding/nursing support:
2. Prefer Rugby Hold? Simply adjust and move the seat to the desired position on your side.
How to Hipporoo®: 3 Ways with Hip Seat (6 - 36 months)
This instructional video demonstrates how to use your hip seat in the Stage 3 Toddler positions:
3. Hip Seat facing Inward / Use as a Feeding Support: Sit Hold (6 - 36 months)
4. Hip Seat facing Outward (6 - 36 months)
5. Hip Seat on the Side (6 - 24 months)
I also never knew that I would prefer to bathe my baby in a room with a heater.
Baths on wheels are the answer. You can rent from us a bath/bassinet hospital trolley on wheels from R650 for a full 3 months. Again, it is a very short-term need.
(This information is courtesy of www.ilsbabycare.com.au)
Keep your eyes on the Newborn Essential List 2021 – Baby Checklist, we will keep it updated and fresh!