All rental policies applicable:
1. Cancellation policy applicable BEFORE rental period commences:
All cancellations will have to be done via email. Phone calls or text messages won’t be accepted.
- Weekly rentals:
- To incur no penalty, notice of 48 hours must be given before rental starts.
- If cancellation occurs within the 48 hours, a cancellation fee of 50% of the deposit amount will be charged.
- Monthly rentals:
- To incur no penalty, notice of 30 days must be given before rental starts.
- If cancellation occurs within the 30 days, a cancellation fee of 50% of the deposit amount will be charged.
2. Cancellation policy applicable AFTER rental period commenced:
- Outside a 24 hours notification period from when rental period starts, no cancellation will be accepted.
- Should the shop be notified via email within 24 hours of you receiving the goods, a cancellation fee of only 50% will be levied. This fee will be calculated on the rental amount of the item/s to be returned.
- In both of the above cases, the delivery fees will be the responsibility of the client.
3. Replacement of rental goods:
3.1) Faulty Item
Rental items will be replaced in the following situations:
- If a client suspects that a rental item is not in a working condition, the Mom & Baby House will collect the item at our own expense and replace it with a similar product.
- The non-functioning item will be tested and if the rental item is functioning 100%, the courier fee (both delivery and collection) will be for the clients account and will be deducted from the clients refundable security deposit accordingly.
Please note: Rental goods are pre-loved and there will be small scratches and marks on the items. P.S. this is not a new product and these items will not be seen as faulty if that is the complaint.
It will be the responsibility of the client to make sure that his or her expectations are realistic.
Procedure to be followed for faulty item:
The non-functioning rental item should be reported within 48 hours (via email) after receiving it, even if the client cannot return the goods immediately due to distance.
It is the client’s responsibility to test and/or inspect the rental item when it is delivered.
If no defect is reported within the first 48 hours, The Mom & Baby House will assume that the item does not need to be replaced. If defects or problems are not communicated to The Mom & Baby house within 48 hours, the client will have to take responsibility and it will be seen as a “breakage”.
The security deposit will then be forfeited.
3.2) Damaged Item
Rental items that are faulty/ damaged on return or not returned after the rental period by the client, will be replaced at the cost of the client.
For this reason a rental client will pay a security deposit on every rental item.
This deposit will not be refunded in the above situation.
By signing this Return Policy you understand and accept the return policy of The Mom & Baby House. Office 021 851 7640 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Delivery and packaging policy:
- Please note that The Courier Guy, Inter Town Transport and MK TRANS couriers are not affiliated with us and cannot receive or refund any money on our behalf.
- Packaging charges; if you received your equipment packaged as 1 parcel, you will have to re-package it as 1 and send it back as 1 parcel. If you do not, extra delivery costs will be incurred and these extra costs will be deducted from your refundable security deposit.
- If goods are damaged on return and due to the negligent manner in which it was packaged, the full replacement cost of the item will be for your account.
5. Inspection of rental goods:
Refundable security deposits are refunded within 7 working days AFTER item(s) have been quality checked.
Should anything be broken or an item is missing, there will be a penalty fee that will be deducted from the deposit.
By accepting, agreeing and signing this manual or electronic contract, you adhere to the below mentioned:
- “Each Party (“Indemnifying Party”) hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the other Party from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses asserted against, imposed upon or incurred by such other Party as a result of or arising out of any harm alleged or proven by any Party or a consumer himself, or other person contemplated in Section 4(1) of the Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008, to the extent that such harm is attributable to the negligent or intentional conduct of the Indemnifying Party or any contravention by the Indemnifying Party of any applicable law.”
- You hereby agree that at the time of this purchase of your product(s) or Rental of product(s) in the shop, the product(s) is/are sold / rented in the condition you would expect it/them to be.
- Not professional advice: If you need specific advice (for example, medical or safety), please seek a professional who is licensed or knowledgeable in that area.
By accepting, agreeing and signing electronically this contract, you adhere to the below mentioned.
Date: Time: Place: