Maxi-Cosi Rodi Booster
Luxury booster car seats have more padding and side protection than Economy Boosters.
We stock two types of boosters; those with harnesses and those without harnesses. Boosters like the Maxi-Cosi Rodi or 15 – 36 kg has no harnesses.
You have a choice between Luxury Isofix (click to view) and Luxury non-Isofix boosters (on this page). p.s. all Isofix boosters are regarded as luxury boosters on this website.
Maxi-Cosi's RODI is a booster seat suitable for your child from approx 4 years of age through to 8 years. The Rodi has Air Protect®, this is a feature we strongly recommend, you can not only feel the difference, but it is also a patented safety technology that works. Additionally, the world’s first advancements in booster seat technology, such as two-position recline and expandable side wings, are to take care of children of all sizes.
- Rodi booster seat is suitable for children from approx 4 years to 8 years of age
- Impressive, patented safety with Air Protect® side impact technology
- Expandable side wings, to easily accommodate your growing child
- Recline for comfort with 2 positions sitting and 1 relaxing position
- Easy installation with clear belt guidance. So simple.
- Luxurious bamboo wicking fabric keeps your child cool and comfortable
- Easy one-handed adjustment for 6 headrest positions
- Machine washable cover
(This information is courtesy of Maxi-cosi)
When to use a harness?
Boosters with harnesses can be used from the weight of 10 kg up to 36 kg.
Boosters without harnesses will use the car’s safety belts to secure the toddler. Toddlers need to weigh more than 15kg and can use the seat until 36 kg.
Kids who have outgrown their car seats are not quite ready for a seat belt alone – although they might try to convince you otherwise. (: Instead, have them transition to a booster seat that enables the adult seat belt to fit properly. Booster seats can actually be pretty cool. Here are a few tips to make sure your kids are safe in a booster seat.
Top Tips for booster car seats:
- When your child is seated in the booster seat, make sure the lap and shoulder belts fit correctly. The lap belt should fit low across the hips and the shoulder belt across the shoulder.
- Do not place the shoulder belt under the child’s arm or behind the child’s back.
- Older kids get weighed and measured less often than babies, so check your child’s growth a few times a year. Generally, kids need to use a booster until they are at least 4 feet 9 inches tall and weigh between 80 and 100 pounds. For most kids, they will be between ages 8 to 12 years old.
- Talk with everyone who drives your kids so they understand that booster seat use is a must when your child is in their vehicles.
- Use a booster seat with the vehicle lap AND shoulder safety belts until your child passes the following Safety Belt Fit Test:
- The child’s knees should bend at the edge of the seat when his or her back and bottom are against the vehicle seat back; and
- The vehicle lap belt should fit across the upper thighs or low on the hips; and
- The shoulder belt should fit across the shoulder and chest. Children are usually between 8 and 12 years old when the seat belt fits them properly. (courtesy of Safe Kids)
Children seated in a booster seat in the back seat of the car are 45% less likely to be injured in a crash than children using a seat belt alone.
Discover Maxi-Cosi’s NEW RODI AP, the Safest and most comfortable booster in the market.
Featuring never seen before advancements in booster seat technology, the Rodi AP has a two-position recline and expandable side wings, so comfort is taken care of for children of all sizes. With an easy belt path, you can quickly buckle up your child for each and every ride.
The Rodi AP headrest can be adjusted to six positions, while an innovative Anti-Vibration dampener ensures that the seat stays perfectly still while not in use.
Offering the latest state of the art technology: Air Protect™ Superior Side Impact Technology, reduces head impact by over 50%, you can be sure your child travels in the safest and most comfortable car seat on the market today.
Courtesy to Maxi-Cosi.com
Luxury booster car seats available:
Please note that this booster has its own harnesses and is, therefore, suitable from the age of 10kg. If your child does not need a harness from the weight of 18 kg and more, we can remove the harness for you or request a seat without a harness.
PLEASE NOTE BELOW:
The sales assistant will choose any of the above seats for you. If you prefer a specific seat, you will need to check availability and book it specifically via email by the brand you prefer.
Whether you are traveling of expecting visitors, you can rent Booster car seats from us!